Choosing a particular period from 1800 to the present, in what ways has art or design responded to the changing social and cultural forces of that period?
1. Hebdige, D (1979) ‘Subculture: The Meaning of Style’, England, Methuen and Co. Ltd.
2. Heller, S (2010) ‘Pop, How Graphic Design Shapes Popular Culture’, New York, Allworth Press.
3. Thornton, S (1995) ‘Club Cultures: Music, Media and subcultural Capital, Cambridge, Polity Press.
4. McNeill, P & Townley, C (1981) ‘Fundamentals of Sociology’, Cheltenham, Stanley Thornes Ltd.
5. The Mott Collection (2010) ‘Loud Flash: British Punk on Paper’, London, Haunch of Vension.
6. Walton, R (1997) ‘Sight for Sound, Design and Music Mixes’, New York, Hearst Books International.
7. Eskilson, S.J (2007) ‘Graphic Design: A New History’, London, Laurence King Publishing Ltd.