Sunday 20 January 2013

OUGD504 // Design for print and web // Publication & layout inspiration

For the layout of the activity book and the style of the illustrations, i have looked across various design websites to look for inspiration to help me design this part of the project.


I have found it hard to find relevant design inspiration for this book, as there isn't that much designing to go into it. The things that i have found the most useful are the editorial layouts, this has helped me layout the pages within the activity book and to make it more interesting by using different sized fonts within the same page. 
The other think i have looked into was the illustrations for the book. I wanted them to look hand drawn and after looking at some hand drawn type and illustrations, i have decided that it will be good to actually draw these myself. It will then be hand drawn by myself and every aspect will be my own design. Its also something different to what i would normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment